Saturday, February 9, 2008

Texas.. we arrived!

We made it to Texas!  It is good to be here!  I am so excited to be starting our tour.  The last week has been a crazy blur.. with little sleep and emotions running in all directions.  There was a lot to be done in the last week getting ready for tour - we ended up training for many hours a day, finished booking our tour, packing, etc.  Not to mention saying goodbye to nearly 50 housemates who i've grown close with.  

We had a send-off dinner earlier in the week, in which we were affirmed and encouraged to go out and do whatever we can to be a light to others and change the world one person at a time.  Then we had our launch party on Thursday morning, saying way too many goodbyes to dear people.  It was a weird feeling having all of the teams go their separate ways after so long.  The hardest part of the week was leaving one of our dear teammates behind.  Will has pneumonia and was unable to launch on tour with us.  He is staying at home to rest and get better and will fly out to meet us in Texas in a couple of weeks as soon as he is better.  Along with that, I am now the only driver on my team (only person over 21), so that becomes a challenge.

I have attached a picture (hopefully it works) of my teammates.  Its funny because it is said that the four of us on the road will be married to each other for the next three months.  I am realizing this is true.  I am so excited for the upcoming months, and at the same time, I am slowly realizing how hard and challenging it is going to be as well with not having a place to call home, living by such a tight schedule, and driving a massive van in crazy cities (in which texas roads make absolutely no sense i am slowly finding out).

All in all, so much more to say, but so little time.  We leave Austin tomorrow and head to Dallas.  Our first day of screenings is Monday!  Will update again soon.

Love!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I am glad that you made it safely to Texas! I remember driving the vans in Dallas last year, it was not a fun experience. Good luck with that ;o) I hope you have an amazing spring on tour, and may your first screenings be blessed!