Friday, April 4, 2008

Louisiana





The swamplands of Louisiana!

After being in the state of Texas for over 2 months, we made it to another state yesterday - Louisiana!  It is my first time in LA, and it's fun to be here.  Besides the screenings that we've done, we've also gotten out a bit to go hiking in a state park, see the capital in Baton Rouge, and even eat crawfish!  The weather here is hot and humid, but beautiful.  And the people are so incredibly hospitable!  For instance, we ended up with no place to stay tonight and tomorrow night.. but there was a guy yesterday who opened his home up to us last minute.  Others have shown us a little bit of the LA cooking.  We leave Baton Rouge and head to New Orleans on Sunday.  Another place I am excited to visit!  We are down to about 3 weeks of tour left, and it continues to fly by.  As for now, I am enjoying Louisiana before I head back to Texas next weekend to finish out tour.  More to come soon..

2 comments:

Acemace said...

Don't forget to get me postcards, please! :)

Amanda said...

Wow, I can't believe you only have that much tour left! I don't say that to freak you out about how fast time is flying, but hearing that actually made me realize for the first time how fast this semester has really gone. I'm glad you are enjoying LA!