Friday, April 18, 2008

Uganda!

So friends, I have received the final word that I will be traveling to Uganda, Africa with Invisible Children in less than a month!  I will be with a group of 12 or so other roadies, and we will leave from San Diego on May 12th.  It is a two week trip where we will get to experience the culture, meet so many of the people who are the reason that we do what we do, see our programs, and serve in any way that we can (through building schools, loving on the kids, helping in the IDP camps, etc).  

I am so thankful to everyone who has been so supportive of all that I am doing.  Thank you to each of you.  If you are one to pray, I ask for your prayers at this time.  I know everything will come together and my eyes are going to be fully opened while I am there.  

As with all travels, there is a price to pay to get over to Africa.  Since I have been volunteering the past few months, I am currently without an income.  I have some of the money needed, but not nearly all of it quite yet.  So, if you feel led to give a financial gift.. know that it is very much a blessing to me.  

Any financial donations can be sent to me at my parent's address (since I am on the road):
Amy Barr
106 Knollwood Drive
Council Bluffs, IA 51503

Thank you so, so much for all you have done.  I will definitely share with you more details as I know them.  Stay tuned.

<3

"We are called to be warriors of light in dark places."

No comments: