Saturday, March 29, 2008

Houston

We have been in the Houston area throughout this past few days and will be here until Tuesday.  Houston is one Texas city that I am not quite sure if I'm too fond of yet.  It is so incredibly large.. it takes a couple of hours from one end to the other, the traffic is always bad here, etc.  But I have met some fun people, which makes it great!  I do have one very fun and exciting story to share, but it is too long to write out.  Sooo, make sure to ask me about it!  

Today is our day off and we are running some errands that need to be run.  Tonight we are going with a friend to his church in Houston.  It is a church with over 45,000 people... mega-church to the max.  It will be interesting to attend the evening service just to hear the pastor speak and see the church.  

I had a conversation with a friend earlier this week that was one of the hardest conversations i've ever had.  It is our fourth teammate who is still very very sick.  He is struggling and is currently in one of the hardest places he has ever been in his life.  I wish I could be closer to be there for him, but I know I can't right now.  If you are one to pray, please pray for Will.  I do not want to put too many details up here about it, but know that it is a very serious situation.  

I am also continually thinking about my future and what is to come after tour.  Which direction do I head in?  Where should I go?  What should I do?  So many opportunities, it is exciting, but I also sort of feel like I have a blank slate ahead of me.  

Houston.. oh Houston.. I will be moving on to Louisiana very shortly!  We head out of the great state of Texas on Tuesday for a week and a half to do some screenings in Baton Rouge and New Orleans.  I have never been to Louisiana, so it will be fun to see!  

<3

No comments: