Saturday, March 1, 2008

San Antonio arrival

I have been trying to post pictures and unfortunately, to no avail.  I will hopefully get that figured out soon so you can visually see some of my experiences.  I am also making it a goal of mine to take more pictures that I have been because I know I am going to look back on tour and wish that I had.  

We made it to San Antonio yesterday!  After a long boring drive through western texas... but things have been going well!  We had a five hour drive and a screening when we got here, so that made for a long day, but a good one.  It was the first house screening last night that truly went how I'd first pictured it.  After showing Sunday, we were able to sit down and talk with everyone (about 20 people) in the living room and answer questions and discuss what to do, etc.  

It is also encouraging when you find those people who you really connect with.  One girl and I sat and talked for a good 45 minutes throughout the night about life and where we are headed and whatnot.  It was encouraging and I made a really good friend through that.  

Today we had a day off and we went with one of our contacts to see the sights in San Antonio.  We went to The Alamo as well as the Riverwalk.  It is gorgeous weather here (80+ degrees), so I am loving that aspect as well!  We will be in San Antonio until Friday morning... so much more to come!  


No comments: